PR account executive - Engineering background
and technology PR agency Stone Junction has an opportunity for a
graduate with a engineering degree to join its vibrant and growing team
as an account executive.
The position would suit someone with a technical mindset and background who would like to expand his or her horizons by working in a role with a business, marketing and public relations focus.
Applicants are invited from graduates with
backgrounds in any engineering discipline – our clients come from a
whole host of sectors.
The Stone Junction Academy
applicants will join the inaugural year of Stone Junction’s graduate
training scheme, the Stone Junction Academy, a six-month programme that
includes weekly training sessions.
Graduates on the programme will benefit from awesome training, a host of extra benefits and incredible opportunities. These include a Surface Pro 4 tablet, flexitime, a £200 grant to spend on non-work related training of your choice and a personalised benefits package that allows you to get the things you really want as a reward for excellence.
You can even get technology vouchers to spend on that exciting new gadget that has been piquing your interest.
Your starting salary will be £17,000 per year, rising to £22,000 per year after the completion of your first six objectives. There is also an annual bonus, based on individual and company performance, equivalent to an extra month’s salary.
“The great thing about working at Stone Junction is that, instead of pursuing a career in one engineering discipline, you get the opportunity to learn about a whole host of sectors, from additive manufacturing to robotics and PLM to CAD,” explained Leah Elston-Thompson, an account executive at Stone Junction who joined the company as a STEM graduate in from Birmingham University.
of performing the same calculation at a PC over and over again for
three years, you learn about new and exciting things every day.”
Typical activities would include working across a range of engineering and technology clients to achieve the following:
- Liaising on a daily basis with clients and the media, often via telephone and email
- Relationship building and networking with clients and the media
- Monitoring the media for rapid response opportunities for clients and clippings
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client and journalist meetings
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases, opinion articles, case studies, letters, white papers and so on to targeted media
- Promoting news stories and features to the media, known as ‘selling in’
- Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
- Attending and promoting client events to the media
- Assisting with the production of client publications, such as e-mail newsletters, Blogs and in-house magazines
- Undertaking research for new business proposals and presenting to potential new clients
- Placing and devising colour separations, competitions and advertorials for clients
- Assisting with the promotion of Stone Junction, via Blogging, PR, e-mail marketing and SEO
- Providing SEO, social media and online marketing services for clients
Essential skills include:
- The ability to write compelling copy
- The ability to grasp technical arguments quickly, using your STEM background to recognise disruptive and innovative technologies and turn them into media friendly content
- The ability to form a rapport with client and journalists, face to face, over the phone and online
- Strong time management and communication with the ability to excel in a fast faced and pressurised environment
To apply for the role e-mail email@example.com and mark your application, ‘Account executive - STEM background, 2017’.
Meet the team
Zafar is a technological savvy business graduate with an MBA in international business and a bachelor's degree in business IT. He's worked in the public sector as a money advisor and spent time as an analyst in developing a commercial hybrid vehicle for Tesco. He's also worked in a busy marketing department where his fluency in Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi was handy. His passion for photography and new tech is rooted in his thirst for knowledge... he is a thirsty sponge.
Junction has been going from strength to strength, building up its
client base and championing the achievements of technical and
engineering firms, some of which are in Staffordshire."
Ben Adams, Staffordshire County Council