PR account executive
Whether you’re a recent graduate,
or you’re looking for an opportunity to move into the world of public
relations, Stone Junction is recruiting for account executives to join
This position would suit someone who has a degree in public
relations, marketing, communications or perhaps has studied in another
creative area, like journalism or media production. However, we won’t
turn away applications with enthusiasm, drive and experience working in
a related field.
Ultimately, we’re looking for someone with a genuine interest in a pursuing a PR career.
All account executives at Stone Junction benefit from awesome training, a host of extra benefits and incredible opportunities. These include a Surface Pro 4 tablet, flexitime, a £200 grant to spend on non-work-related training of your choice and a personalised benefits package that allows you to get the things you really want as a reward for excellence. You can even get travel vouchers to spend on that exciting trip you've been planning.
Your starting salary will be £18,500 per year, rising to £23,500 per year after the completion of your first six objectives.
Typical activities would include working across a range of clients to achieve the following:
- Liaising on a daily basis with clients and the media, often via telephone and email
- Relationship building and networking with clients and the media
- Monitoring the media for rapid response opportunities for clients and clippings
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client and journalist meetings
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases, opinion articles, case studies, letters, white papers and so on to targeted media
- Promoting news stories and features to the media, known as ‘selling in’
- Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
- Attending and promoting client events to the media
- Assisting with the production of client publications, such as e-mail newsletters, Blogs and in-house magazines
- Undertaking research for new business proposals and presenting to potential new clients
- Placing and devising colour separations, competitions and advertorials for clients
- Assisting with the promotion of Stone Junction, via Blogging, PR, e-mail marketing and SEO
- Providing SEO, social media and online marketing services for clients
Applicants are welcome from all humanities degrees, marketing and PR vocational degrees and engineering or science backgrounds.
Essential skills include:
- The ability to write compelling copy
- The ability to grasp technical arguments quickly
- The ability to form a rapport with client and journalists, face to face, over the phone and online
- Strong time management and communication with the ability to excel in a fast faced and pressurised environment
Salary: £18,500.00 to £23,500.00 /year
To apply for the role e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your application, ‘Account executive’..
Meet the team
Zafar is a technological savvy business graduate with an MBA in international business and a bachelor's degree in business IT. He's worked in the public sector as a money advisor and spent time as an analyst in developing a commercial hybrid vehicle for Tesco. He's also worked in a busy marketing department where his fluency in Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi was handy. His passion for photography and new tech is rooted in his thirst for knowledge... he is a thirsty sponge.
Junction has been going from strength to strength, building up its
client base and championing the achievements of technical and
engineering firms, some of which are in Staffordshire."
Ben Adams, Staffordshire County Council