have an opportunity for a PR account manager to lead a team, direct
client strategy, meet customer objectives and help run the
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in PR, ideally agency side, and will have run a team, providing direction and managing a portfolio of accounts and customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Driving client strategy and producing review documents
- Ensuring client strategies are up to date and effective
- Producing weekly, monthly and annual plans to fulfil objectives
- Supervisory responsibilities for a team of at least two others
- Conducting one to ones and appraisals
- Organising management meetings
- Pitching for and winning new business
- Driving and ensuring annual growth in your team and clients
- Actively contributing to the management of the PR agency
This job would be ideal for someone with three or more years of experience in PR who wants some genuine responsibility and influence over agency direction.
If you are a CIPR (Chartered Institute of PR) or PRCA (Public Relations Consultants Association) member, that will probably go in your favour. If you are a charterered or accredited CIPR member, that will definitely be a big plus.
Your key skills should be:
- Media Relations: Great journalist contacts in relevant media and the ability to generate regular coverage. You must be able to identify relevant issues for clients by monitoring the media and pitching your opportunities to clients.
- Press office: Handle complex incoming media enquiries.
- Finance: A thorough understanding of client budget and how to meet that budget with service delivery.
- Writing: You must demonstrate superb attention to detail in all written communications, internal and external, including strong grammar, spelling, clear structure and newsworthiness where relevant
- Editing: Produce polished copy for press releases, case studies and technical articles, opinion pieces and client publications
- Proof reading: You must understand newsworthiness, know how to write and edit a press release or piece of contetn and have a good understanding of the nuances of client politics
- Digital: Understanding of digital channels and trends and how they impact communications strategy
- Creativity: You must add value to client programmes, encouraging creativity and innovation
- People management and development: Motivate, guide and inspire junior team members to perform well
- Project management: Excellent administration skills and project management
- IT skills: Good knowledge and use of IT packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Suite)
Stone Junction's personalised benefits package allows each
individual to choose his
or her preferred reward for achieving targets. Doing a great job can
result in extra holidays, trade or professional
body membership, book, tech, gig or music vouchers or almost anything
with measurable value.
Employees benefit from an annual paid day to spend working for a charity of their choice and additional projects are encouraged, such as the company's recent charity sky dive.
So, if you want to work at a PR agency that is genuinely committed to its people, e-mail Stone Junction with your CV and covering letter.
The salary scale for this position is £30,000 - £40,000.
To apply for the role e-mail email@example.com and mark your application, ‘Account manager’.
Meet the team
Zafar is a technological savvy business graduate with an MBA in international business and a bachelor's degree in business IT. He's worked in the public sector as a money advisor and spent time as an analyst in developing a commercial hybrid vehicle for Tesco. He's also worked in a busy marketing department where his fluency in Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi was handy. His passion for photography and new tech is rooted in his thirst for knowledge... he is a thirsty sponge.
Junction has been going from strength to strength, building up its
client base and championing the achievements of technical and
engineering firms, some of which are in Staffordshire."
Ben Adams, Staffordshire County Council