Junction has an opportunity for an individual with a strong background
in PR, ideally agency side, to join its vibrant and growing team as a
PR account manager.
The position would suit someone with five or more years of experience in PR who wants to take responsibility for a portfolio of accounts and have influence over the agency’s direction.
Employees will benefit from awesome training, a host of extra benefits and incredible opportunities. These include a Surface Pro 4 tablet, flexitime, a £200 grant to spend on non-work-related training of your choice and a personalised benefits package that allows you to get the things you really want as a reward for excellence.
Your starting salary will be £27,000, with the potential to earn £43,000 per year after completing the relevant objectives. There is also an annual bonus, based on individual and company performance, equivalent to an extra month’s salary.
Typical activities would include working across a range of engineering and technology clients to achieve the following:
- Driving client strategy and producing review documents
- Ensuring client strategies are up to date and effective
- Producing weekly, monthly and annual plans to fulfil objectives
- Supervisory responsibilities for a team of at least two others
- Organising management meetings
- Pitching for and winning new business
- Driving and ensuring annual growth in your team and clients
- Actively contributing to the management of Stone Junction
If you are a CIPR (Chartered Institute of PR) or PRCA (Public Relations Consultants Association) member, that will probably go in your favour. If you are a charterered or accredited CIPR member, that will definitely be a big plus.
Your key skills should be:
- Media Relations: Great journalist contacts in relevant media and the ability to generate regular coverage. You must be able to identify relevant issues for clients by monitoring the media and pitching your opportunities to clients.
- Press office: Handle complex incoming media enquiries.
- Finance: A thorough understanding of client budget and how to meet that budget with service delivery.
- Writing: You must demonstrate superb attention to detail in all written communications, internal and external, including strong grammar, spelling, clear structure and newsworthiness where relevant
- Editing: Produce polished copy for press releases, case studies and technical articles, opinion pieces and client publications
- Proof reading: You must understand newsworthiness, know how to write and edit a press release or piece of contetn and have a good understanding of the nuances of client politics
- Digital: Understanding of digital channels and trends and how they impact communications strategy
- Creativity: You must add value to client programmes, encouraging creativity and innovation
- People management and development: Motivate, guide and inspire junior team members to perform well
- Project management: Excellent administration skills and project management
- IT skills: Good knowledge and use of IT packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite)
The salary scale for this position is £27,000 to £43,000/year
To apply for the role e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your application, ‘Account manager’. If you’d like more information about the role, why not speak to junior account manager, Jess on +44 (0)1785 225416 or by e-mailing her at email@example.com.
Meet the team
Zafar is a technological savvy business graduate with an MBA in international business and a bachelor's degree in business IT. He's worked in the public sector as a money advisor and spent time as an analyst in developing a commercial hybrid vehicle for Tesco. He's also worked in a busy marketing department where his fluency in Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi was handy. His passion for photography and new tech is rooted in his thirst for knowledge... he is a thirsty sponge.
Junction has been going from strength to strength, building up its
client base and championing the achievements of technical and
engineering firms, some of which are in Staffordshire."
Ben Adams, Staffordshire County Council