Stone Junction is looking for a web developer with a blend of design and front-end development skills. They must have a strong understanding of programming principles and the ability to work in a team environment. Excellent communication skills and a positive 'can-do' attitude are essential.
In a perfect world, we want you to be Moz from the IT Crowd but for the purposes of equal opportunities applicants from other people will also be welcomed :-)
The ideal candidate would have experience in, and a good understanding of, building sites using various content management systems, Dreamweaver and HTML sites. A strong understanding of search engine optimisation (SEO) is also essential.
Graphic design skills, such as confidently being able to produce content for web sites such as infographics, white papers and guides, are ideal but not essential. Photo-editing experience is also preferable.
Duties would be:
- Being creative: We will need you to generate ideas for how we can use websites and content creatively within PR campaigns
- Being measurable: We want you to help us understand how we can use web metrics to improve our measurement
- Being commercial: We need you to be keen to understand how we sell and how we generate revenue and profit from websites as part of a campaign
Core skills might include:
- An understanding of mobile friendly design
- Experience with design pattern, frameworks and architecture
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with object-oriented software development methodologies
- An understanding of how to integrate new technologies into web properties
The salary range for this position is £17-30,000 dependant on experience.
So, if you want to work for a company that is genuinely committed to its people, email Stone Junction with your CV and covering letter.
To apply for the role e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your application, ‘Web developer.
Meet the team
Zafar is a technological savvy business graduate with an MBA in international business and a bachelor's degree in business IT. He's worked in the public sector as a money advisor and spent time as an analyst in developing a commercial hybrid vehicle for Tesco. He's also worked in a busy marketing department where his fluency in Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi was handy. His passion for photography and new tech is rooted in his thirst for knowledge... he is a thirsty sponge.
Junction has been going from strength to strength, building up its
client base and championing the achievements of technical and
engineering firms, some of which are in Staffordshire."
Ben Adams, Staffordshire County Council