Putting the rise of the cobots in context
Over 1.7m new industrial robots will be installed between 2017 and 2020. Collaborative robots (cobots), that work harmoniously alongside humans, account for 3% of this market, but will reach 34% by 2025.
The robotics industry is changing, and distributors must prepare.
TM Robotics distributes Toshiba Machine’s robots outside Asia. Toshiba Machine does not manufacturer cobots — but cannot ignore the changing market.
- Undertake a survey to produce a Global Robotics Report, achieving an above average 10% response-rate from distributors in at least 20 countries
- Raise the media profile of TM Robotics, generating 66 trade press clippings between July 2017-June 2018 - one clipping per £100 media relations spend
- Promote TM Robotics’ partnership with RARUK Automation, a cobot distributor, generating nine clippings about the partnership, between March-May 2018
- Deliver sales leads from whitepaper downloads, using Google AdWords to deliver price-per-click below £1.32 industry average
- Improve digital marketing, growing Twitter/LinkedIn followers by 500 and achieving e-mail open-rate above 18.1% industry average
- Responses collected from 22 countries (exceeding target) — including key markets UK, US, Russia, South Africa, Canada, France, Italy, Germany
- 167 clippings: 31 print, 125 online (253% of target)
- Seven pre-arranged journalist meetings held with TM Robotics managing director
- Coverage highlights: The Times, The Manufacturer, Industrial Technology, Control Engineering Europe and US, Assembly Magazine, Automation World
- 207,130 online coverage views across UK and US, according to CoverageBook
- 121,612 twitter impressions, 4,95
In 2018, this campaign won a gold CIPR Midlands PRide award for the Best STEM campaign.
Discover more case studies and award winning campaigns.