Ergonomics and blue lines
COPA-DATA is a technological leader for ergonomic and dynamic process automation software. Founded in 1987, the company develops and sells zenon for HMI (Human Machine Interface) and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), dynamic production reporting and integrated PLC (Programmable Logic Control) systems. It operates from headquarters in Austria and an office in most European countries, including its UK division in Newport.
Stone Junction provides PR and social media services for the UK division. Our July 2015 to June 2016 objectives were:
- Provide a consistent flow of heavily targeted press material to the media, including trade and business media
- Provide planned social media content to help achieve COPA-DATA’s positioning objectives
- Increase COPA-DATA UK’s Twitter following
- Consolidate brand awareness
Martyn Williams, COPA-DATA UK’s MD, chose Stone Junction because he felt there was a strong cultural alignment between the two companies.
This theme of cultural match became a strong one in the campaign itself:
- To create the best possible selling environment in which to convert sales leads, we set out to match COPA-DATA’s media presence with the reality a potential customer would encounter when they contact the business.
- To help match COPA-DATA as closely as possible with board level staff in its target audiences, we created a LinkedIn content campaign, using LinkedIn publishing, attributed to Martyn Williams. Here, we took a bird’s eye business approach to industrial technology, discussing core COPA-DATA value propositions.
- To match COPA-DATA’s technical content appearing in trade media to the needs of technical staff in the company’s core sectors, we employed a mix of press releases, opinion pieces, features contributions, case studies, news jacking style rapid response, white papers and infographics.
Measurement and evaluation:
- 251 clippings between July 2015 and June 2016
- 19 dedicated full page or DPS print clippings
- Print clippings reached a combined audience of 3,945,579 and achieved a 55,700 score using Stone Junction’s bespoke audience measurement metric – which measures circulation, readership, key message content, picture content, position and publication192 online clippings, featuring 179 inbound links and 162 pictures
- COPA-DATA was featured in 14 editorially led e-mail newsletters produced by publishing houses as well as three national publications
Social media results (Twitter):
- Impressions: 229,725
- Profile visits: 14,847
- Mentions: 351
- New followers: +964
(1221 in total, meaning 22% more than target)
Social media results (LinkedIn):
- 7 posts published on LinkedIn
- 1820 views of content
- 154 interactions, including likes and comments