Theatrical PR: Sleeping Beauty travels the world
8th November, 2012
Related News: Case Study
Stafford Gatehouse Theatre approached Stone Junction to raise the profile of its annual Rock’n’Roll panto.
To generate media presence and increase ticket sales.
Strategy and tactics:
- Stone Junction sent a Sleeping Beauty doll to ten arts lovers around Europe, with each visit resulting in a photo and theatrical blog post
- Press releases announcing the beginning of the doll’s journey, destinations and a late night panto
- Personal press night invitations for theatre, arts, national and local media
As part of its CSR public sector campaign, Stone Junction provided the services in exchange for sponsorship of the Stafford Shakespeare Festival. The cash equivalent was £4,800.
15,976 people attended the panto
Massive ticket sales increase
National awareness of the theatre’s Rock’n’Roll panto
Late night adult show sold out
Majority of performances hit 95% capacity
- Two pieces of national press coverage (Pick Me Up! and The Independent)
- 25 pieces of local, national and specialist press coverage
“Stone Junction has really opened my eyes to how creative arts stories can be heavily featured in the media,” commented Emma Hogan, press and marketing officer at the Stafford Gatehouse Theatre. “The main thing that impressed me was the longevity of the campaign. The idea of a travelling Sleeping Beauty doll still sparked interest with journalists months after the campaign had ended.”
Are you looking for a PR campaign? Then get in touch today to see how we can help you by calling +44 (0)1785 225416 or email email@example.com. Additionally, check out our other services including technical PR, content PR and SEO.